Express Entry embodies the intake of some Provincial Nominee Programs, PNPs while other provincial programs are under the authority of the province in question.
In case the Express Entry manages your PNP program, you will be required to submit an expression of interest, after which you can identify with the pool of prospective applicants.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE CANADIAN PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS (PNP)
The Canadian PNP program is ideal for four types of candidates:
- Individuals who are currently working or have recently worked in Canada on a valid work permit
- Candidates who have already submitted an expression of interest application to the Express Entry pool AND meet the eligibility criteria for an existing PNP program. These specific types of PNP programs select applicants from the federal Express Entry pool on the basis of their qualifications or in case they have in- demand work experience.
- Applicants who have some connection to the province they are applying to- which could be studies in the province or a formal job offer from a Canadian employer.
- In some cases, a family member can sponsor you under a PNP program, but you have to meet some other requirements. It is not sufficient to be eligible by merely having a family member.
Express Entry controls the intake of some PNPs, with other provincial programs remaining under the authority of the particular province. In case your PNP program is being managed by Express Entry, you will be required to submit an expression of interest, after which you can identify among the pool of prospective applicants.
VIEW ALL PNPS BY PROVINCE
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Northwest Territories
- Prince Edward Island
One of the benefits of applying to a PNP controlled by Express Entry is that you have the chance of being invited to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence for your chosen PNP program OR some other program governed by Express Entry. In other words, you have various options and chances of obtaining your visa since Express Entry has to evaluate you for the Federal Skilled Worker program, PNPs, the Canadian Experience Class program, and the Federal Skilled Trades program.
It is therefore important that all PNPs result in the same thing - the Canadian permanent residence. As a Canadian Permanent Resident, you have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada, and your freedom is protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.